Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Layered Salad


I don't necessarily like this salad for taste...but I think it's "pretty". It does have all my favorites though. I just need a pretty bowl so I can see all the layers.


4 cups shredded spinach or lettuce (I prefer the lettuce, spinach is bitter)
1-1/2 cups Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese, divided
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 small red onion, sliced, separated into rings
2 pkg. (10 oz. each) frozen green peas, cooked, drained
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. dill weed
1/2 tsp. sugar
4 slices Bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled (I like the kind you microwave it for 2 minutes and it's done)
LAYER spinach, 1 cup of the cheese, mushrooms, onion and peas in 2-1/2-quart serving bowl.
MIX mayo, dill weed and sugar. Spread over salad to seal; cover. Refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
SPRINKLE with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bacon just before serving.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

It sounds a lot like Sarah Salad from the Lion House cookbook. I like that one. I never thought to put it in a bowl like that to show off the layers. Good idea!