Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sausage Wontons

Okay so not the healthiest meal, but so good!!! I just made them Sunday, and the good thing is you can cook the sausage/peppers the night before, so all you have to do is take them out of the fridge and cook. The recipe yields 50 wontons, but thats a ton, so I just put the half recipe for 25.

1/2 grn. pepper
1/2 red pepper
1/2 onion 1/2 cup ranch dressing (you can use low fat if desired)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese (plus more to sprinkle on top)
1/2 cup monterrey jack cheese
1 pkg. Jimmy Deans HOT sausage
1 pkg. square wontons (I found these in the produce section by the mushrooms at Smiths)

In a skillet cook the sausage,peppers, and onion till sausage is brown and veggies are tender. Refrigerate till cool (overnight if you want). Combine sausage mix with cheeses and ranch. In muffin tins place the wonton dough and cook at 350 degrees for 3 min. Take out and then fill and put in the oven again for 5-10 min until just barely brown around edges. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and enjoy. Yummy! These can be served as an appetizer or meal with rice on the side.

4 comments:

Rachel B said...

I am so excited to try this!

Greg & Andrea said...

I'm so glad you posted this. I love them and I think Greg will eat them too:)

Greg & Andrea said...

I made sausage wontons yesterday. They turned out really good, but I had to add more cheese and olives for Greg. Still they were good.

Rachel B said...

I made them too! So good!