Friday, May 30, 2008

Points for Trying


So has anyone made new Mexican dishes yet? I was determined to have Cafe Rio Pork, and Flan yesterday. Clint was very upset. It didn't happen. But I did stay up until 12:30 a.m. making Andi's Mexican Rice for 50 people for the teachers lunch today. Then I had a terrible time trying to re-warm it all today. But it turned out pretty good. What did we do before microwaves?

I hope everyone takes some time to experiment sometime this month. Everyone gets points for new dishes they try. You get extra points for flan, and Cafe Rio Pork, and if anyone thinks they can take on Tamales, that would be extra double points. I think we should all try at least something new every week. (maybe just one new thing this month)

So far, I think I am ahead...I made Mexican Rice x's 6! And if you have already made a recipe that is featured on this blog...like Chicken Quesadillas, or Anything else...make sure you add those points too. I really do have a prize for the winner!!! and I can tell you right now...you will absolutly love it. I'm serious...I have a prize. I wonder if I will have to give it to myself...

7 comments:

Lisa said...

No. I have not made any mexican dishes yet. I like mexican food, I just don't like to make it. The best we'll do this month is tacos, ground beef with taco seasoning. That's about as fancy as the mexican comes at our house.

Kimmby said...

Ok, so last week, I made the three dishes that I posted: mexican rice, tamales, and flan. Does that count? (Technically, it was the last day of April...) I want that prize!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greg & Andrea said...

Greg is leaving tomorrow to work in Utah for 2 weeks so I think I will make a couple of dishes and just eat left overs. Now that he isn't here to complain about the food i can make whatever i want for me and Eva.

Greg & Andrea said...

I made the Aztec Chicken today so add a point for me. :)

Rachel B said...

Nice Job Andi!

Laryl said...

Okay, so I've gone out to eat Mexican food three times, and have cooked Mexican food twice. Do I get 5 points? ;-)... (or just 2). Anyway, my all-time FAV is mexican. I could eat it every day...but I'm still partial to a restaurant in New Mexico called Gardunos. (Umlau over the "O")
I promise to leave my enchilada recipe when I get online again.

Rachel B said...

Laryl, I really want that enchalida recipe!